CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Author Topic: Repairs  (Read 13948 times)

Offline marty

• Carrier Droper
Re: Repairs
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 09:08:50 AM »
When you post it,
You always seem to be going to do something, or have done it in the past but never come up with anything to hint that you know how to do anything other than talk.
No I wont download anything you post, you have proven that you no nothing about CB's so I assume you know nothing useful about anything I am interested in.
You will undoubtably answer this with yet another display of ignorance and lack of intelligance just so you can have the last post on the matter but I wont be answering it.
So unless someone has some questions about sets that they have trouble with this thread is closed.

Offline trash

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 12:05:35 AM »
Jerk your your it is !  :-*

So I take it you won't be downloading the code when I post it.

Offline marty

• Carrier Droper
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 11:41:03 PM »
Typical little highschool wanker, you dont even know enough words to bulshit your own way.
Guys like you hang out on the UHF repeaters.

Offline trash

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 11:29:29 PM »
Wow, you make it fell just like CB in the 80's.

You can Kiss my arse !   

Ask Bunter, he knows my history. I've got lipstick all over my arse cheeks from people like you. At first you won't like the taste, but don't worry, you'll get used to it.

I have not progressed to programing other than the microbee ( Z80 ) I learned on when I first left school.
Sounds like you haven't made any progression since starting school either.

Are you still using the Microbee for your internet computer ? It must take a while for you to load IE off the tape cassette.
Did you ever manage to understand work out how to program it in basic ?

Just in case your still wondering what I'm doing with this project, it's actually something I've already done, and surprisingly the last I did this was with a Z80 S100 bus Cromemco. It was the big bad uncle to your Microbee. I was programming for microbees, well... before there were microbees !
I remember the microbee club. They had (I think it was the 3rd) phone BBS in Australia. 300 baud we used to log in at. Up from 110 baud.

Oh I forgot to say ..... YA MUD !!!

yeah, now it feels like CB again.

However please dont come over my posts saying how clever you are and that you can do it with 1 chip for free then not be able to back it up with any technical words what so ever.
Oh talk dirty to me bitch !  :-*

I don't normally bother lower lifeforms with assembler talk. I write the code, I create the hex and simple creatures like you don't need to understand how the hex file gets created, you just load it onto the 16F877 that you buy from Jaycar. Wire up the LCD to it with the pin configurations that I give you, and then wire a few more pins to the PLL. I'm tossing up about using a cheaper chip but they're not so easily available, or a smaller chip, but having to multiplex pins and possibly use other external chips. Your microbee by comparison fits very nicely into the pocket of one of these little chips.

If you want to help, that's fine. But it's not going to be very complex code.Like most CBers, I think your overestimate the capabilities of digiscans. The PIC generates the frequency display on the LCD, with respect to what is on the pins to the PLL and changes them up or down. That's it.

Since I program in assembler, I have to write everything from scratch. Though, I do have a few modules of code I've written for the LCD displays which will save me a few hours and I'll just cut and paste sections of code to make it a digiscan display.

Sounds to me like you have become bored with CB's, to me they are still a challenge and I love the older technology.
I became bored with each CB a week after buying it. It's not that they're old, but there is just so much you can do with each one before your re-inventing the wheel.
Even you seem to think that some of my mods are a copy of somebody else's work. What can I say but.... oh, I already did. Re-inventing the wheel !
 Oh it's round and ..... oh, look everybody has done the same thing before.

PIC's aren't ROMs. If you used a ROM for CB in the past, welcome to the 21st century. Computers like your microbee which I used to control PLL's in the 80's are well and truly superseded by this family of chips and I can think of at least five other families of micro controllers that are even better.

Seriously, do you really need me to jerk your chain in this thread or would you just like to skim through the datasheet for the PIC16F877A and have some fun in the other thread. If you don't know assembler, I can teach you enough for the task. I'll be making the source code available there for anybody to tinker with.

Oh, can you wear a nice shade of cherry of lipstick for me ?   =3 :-* 

Offline marty

• Carrier Droper
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 08:24:50 AM »
Ok so you know how to read a book and mod sets, or you say you do. Still havent read anything in any of your posts that I have found that is convincing.

However please dont come over my posts saying how clever you are and that you can do it with 1 chip for free then not be able to back it up with any technical words what so ever.

Sounds to me like you have become bored with CB's, to me they are still a challenge and I love the older technology.

I have not progressed to programing other than the microbee ( Z80 ) I learned on when I first left school.

If you have the eproms programs for the popular PLL's I would be interested in finding out the functions that you have set them up for. I have designed mods using adders that I have written for a local CB mag but they are too large to fit in latter model radios. Eproms would do it in a lot less space.

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 11:35:43 PM »
The AX144 isn't fresh in my mind these days.  I think I've owned two of them over the years.
All CBs start to look the same after the first 10 years :)
Bunter's right, there isn't a radio that I've owned that hasn't had the cover off it.
The mods I haven't written up are the ones which I think are too hard for CBers to do.

The biggest problem with modifying CB's to do anything (and I do mean anything) is whether it's worth the effort.
... hey bunter, is the Panther still working on 6m ?

I've been tempted to modify a HF CB to the 2m band just to prove it can be done.
I've already built a stereo FM transmitter out if a junked 27MHz AM PLL02A CB.

Yes i still have the peace simpson 02a panther thats still on 6m
What can i say but just that

Offline trash

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 11:31:39 PM »
The AX144 isn't fresh in my mind these days.  I think I've owned two of them over the years.
All CBs start to look the same after the first 10 years :)
Bunter's right, there isn't a radio that I've owned that hasn't had the cover off it.
The mods I haven't written up are the ones which I think are too hard for CBers to do.

The biggest problem with modifying CB's to do anything (and I do mean anything) is whether it's worth the effort.
... hey bunter, is the Panther still working on 6m ?

I've been tempted to modify a HF CB to the 2m band just to prove it can be done.
I've already built a stereo FM transmitter out if a junked 27MHz AM PLL02A CB.

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 06:09:42 PM »
I saw what you put about frequency mods for the AX 144,

with all due respect..... Have you ever had the covers off a radio before?

GAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAAAAGAAAGAGAGA

sorry that was me gaging when was trying to laugh lol.

i asure you ash has seen more of the other side of the lid of radios that you can poke a stick at. that?s why we nicked name him the mad technician

in the 90s he was doing some weird stuff with HF radios

Shame he dont repair them as a job, but i know the money would not be enough. shame all them great people that dont fix radios anymore like yourself marty few and far inbetween

Offline marty

• Carrier Droper
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 05:18:50 PM »
Sounds good ash, too good actually.

I saw what you put about frequency mods for the AX 144,

with all due respect..... Have you ever had the covers off a radio before?

Offline trash

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 03:03:02 PM »
no price, it's free.

All you have to do is put the bits together and wire it into the CB.

http://www.cbdomain.com/smf/index.php/topic,752.0.html

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 09:15:59 AM »
Lets not hijack martys thread please

Offline Cruzin

• Carrier Droper
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 02:11:20 AM »
Piece of piss, you picked the easiest one first !

and the price?  hehehe

Offline trash

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 11:29:03 PM »
Piece of piss, you picked the easiest one first !

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 10:12:15 PM »
that sounds great ash the one you had was a 858 how would you go doing one inbuilt in a 02A ?

Offline trash

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 09:53:03 PM »
Would you prefer an LCD digiscan built into the radio ?

After studying the last digiscan that past through here a couple of weeks ago, I can duplicate that in a single chip.