CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Author Topic: Help Needed  (Read 5108 times)

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
Re: Help Needed
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 03:45:09 PM »
Use of UHF CB for Police operations would be the last thing they would use!

Possibly they are referring to a "back channel" on the Police system, here in the mountains they used to use channel 65 (469.825) simplex for radar operations & breath testing etc, also the Polair chopper used to liaise with crews on the ground via this "local" channel, they stopped using ch65 as far as I know & they then used to use ch41 (468.850) in the Penrith/Blue Mountains area, this was a repeater which had good coverage of the area, Sydney Police used to have a couple of back channels in use as well.

Got no Idea what they are using at the moment though, I can only listen to the link through from the Southern Highlands/Wagga etc via the 468.375 & 468.850 repeaters, I can sometimes pick up Taree on VHF 78.300 & also some other very weak stuff on another VHF channel

The next time they refer to "local" you will have to scan the band & see what you find, they may even be using a VHF frequency in the 78mhz band?

Michael

I'm the Easygoing, Crowd Pleasing, 3 Litre Capacity, Diet & Caffeine Free, Cokebottle with lot's of Buddies!

Offline Lackostress

• Coffs Coast Sprctrums Edge ( Emergency Services Scan )
  • Carrier Droper
  • Coffs Coast Sprctrums Edge
    • Coffs Coast Sprctrums Edge ( Emergency Services Scan )
Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:32:39 AM »
hey guys

its been a long time since i have been on this forum board. i am still able to recive the emergency services. but when the police say ( coffs Harbour 15 on local ) is that standed uhf cb or is that a different frequencie range ?