CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Author Topic: 2UE This Sunday  (Read 26266 times)

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
Re: 2UE This Sunday
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 10:03:10 AM »
Just saw your posts guys, I don't know any of those names mentioned as I was like now a sandbagger when I first got into CB radio, had a mate who was into HF in the 1980's who lived in the inner west of Sydney, I think he had a Pearce Simpson Super Cheetah & I would go around to his place & listen to some of the happenings on chook band. When I moved to Wollongong was only keen to be a station on the go on foot & got into portables, had a Motorola Saber, a real beauty ! Big & black with a great five watts of grunt & great audio, it was EPROM programmed for UHF CB & could be used to phone patch.
I remember coming back to The Gong from Sydney by train & copying a base station in the Wollongong CBD area from Scarborough & that was simplex ! Not a bad trip, yes indeed that Saber really had super grunt.

Bill & I came from the area around "Penriff" (Penrith) we had many radio adventures together on HF,  ah..... the good old days  ;D

I lost touch with Bill for years then ran into him about 8 years ago at a Wyong Field day & have not seen him since, but have chatted to him on the net & once by phone I think?

I got into UHF with an old FM320 which had a very bad purr on air, then went through a few different units, including my Icom IC40 handheld which I bought new for $399 from the old Action Commuincations at Kingswood, I still have the Icom & it still works ::) when you put it next to one of those micro UHF's boy does it look old & HUGE  ;D

haha mick you should know me better than that, remember mad max and the gun at emu planes school ??? or have you forgotton already ?.

Anyway back to Bill, can you retell the story about the time you wrestled? the gun off Peter? I was telling my fiancee about it & I could not remember how it went down.

Michael
I'm the Easygoing, Crowd Pleasing, 3 Litre Capacity, Diet & Caffeine Free, Cokebottle with lot's of Buddies!

Offline Don

• Repeater Tart
  • Freedom Of Speech Is Freedom To Teach !
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2007, 11:40:23 PM »
Just saw your posts guys, I don't know any of those names mentioned as I was like now a sandbagger when I first got into CB radio, had a mate who was into HF in the 1980's who lived in the inner west of Sydney, I think he had a Pearce Simpson Super Cheetah & I would go around to his place & listen to some of the happenings on chook band. When I moved to Wollongong was only keen to be a station on the go on foot & got into portables, had a Motorola Saber, a real beauty ! Big & black with a great five watts of grunt & great audio, it was EPROM programmed for UHF CB & could be used to phone patch.
I remember coming back to The Gong from Sydney by train & copying a base station in the Wollongong CBD area from Scarborough & that was simplex ! Not a bad trip, yes indeed that Saber really had super grunt.

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 09:45:29 PM »
Hey I am heading off now, talk later

Michael

ok
What can i say but just that

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 09:43:44 PM »
Hey I am heading off now, talk later

Michael
I'm the Easygoing, Crowd Pleasing, 3 Litre Capacity, Diet & Caffeine Free, Cokebottle with lot's of Buddies!

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 09:42:10 PM »
wow flashback yes eagle one Trevor and his BIG partys wild weird ones.

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 09:38:41 PM »
yess and red rose tracy yep mcdons on a friday night and when that closed chillys in the servo, fox hunts

Oh my god, I'm having flashbacks  ;D ;D what about eagle one Trevor? remember him? I haven't seen him for about 2-3 mths, I actually moved into his house when I split with my wife about 13 mths ago, stayed there about 1 week then moved into my new girls parents house

Michael

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 09:34:33 PM »
yess and red rose tracy yep mcdons on a friday night and when that closed chillys in the servo, fox hunts

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2007, 09:28:36 PM »
Yeah, I knew it was some sort of cat  ;D ;D ;D

Michael

i remember the old days like they were yserterday red dragon richard, siliver car mark, spunky phantom brad.

silver car marks 21st when we all had a big party and got so drunk we passed out then to be woken up buy someone bashing the front door, and me looking out the window and seeing a cop, me yelling out its a raid people running out the back when it was one of the partyers dad that was a cop come to pick him up hahahahaha.

I remember that well Bill, oh boy what a life we had! I got in touch with Red Dragon about 2 years ago, have lost touch though  :-\ I keep saying I should try again, do you remember SLR DEBBIE?

Michael

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2007, 09:23:19 PM »

Michael

i remember the old days like they were yserterday red dragon richard, siliver car mark, spunky phantom brad.

silver car marks 21st when we all had a big party and got so drunk we passed out then to be woken up buy someone bashing the front door, and me looking out the window and seeing a cop, me yelling out its a raid people running out the back when it was one of the partyers dad that was a cop come to pick him up hahahahaha.

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2007, 09:16:08 PM »

Michael

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2007, 09:14:17 PM »

Yes that's all good. I remember when the CB licence was $15

I remember when they brought in the $25 for up to 5 cb's, also remember Vince Catouly? (correct spelling???) the RI who came to my house when I was at school after my neighbours complained of interfernece to their stereo, he checked my little AM radio(Tomcat? I think, topshelf radio's secreted elsewhere  ;D ;D ;D) I had hooked up & he came back when I was there & got me to do a few whistles etc & then told the neibour to filter their audio leads on the speakers, he gave me a stern warning to get my rig licenced & ring him when I had..... ahhh the good old days.

Also remember the feedback I put through the neighbours stereo with my powermike.... he he he he  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Michael

no that was my old silver pearce simpson allycat

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2007, 09:08:37 PM »

Yes that's all good. I remember when the CB licence was $15

I remember when they brought in the $25 for up to 5 cb's, also remember Vince Catouly? (correct spelling???) the RI who came to my house when I was at school after my neighbours complained of interfernece to their stereo, he checked my little AM radio(Tomcat? I think, topshelf radio's secreted elsewhere  ;D ;D ;D) I had hooked up & he came back when I was there & got me to do a few whistles etc & then told the neighbour to filter their audio leads on the speakers, he gave me a stern warning to get my rig licenced & ring him when I had..... ahhh the good old days.

Also remember the MASSIVE feedback I put through the neighbours stereo when they had parties with my powermike.... he he he he  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Michael

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 09:00:55 PM »
haha mick you should know me better than that, remember mad max and the gun at emu planes school ??? or have you forgotton already ?.

Seems so long ago now, boy do i feel old! we must catch up again Bill, before I die of old age.....  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Michael

Offline Don

• Repeater Tart
  • Freedom Of Speech Is Freedom To Teach !
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2007, 05:57:11 PM »

Yes that's all good. I remember when the CB licence was $15 & went down to DOTAC as it was called then at Wollongong where I was living at the time & felt really wrapped when the lady behind the counter said I could change my call sign to one I wanted as long as it had not been allocated of course, ended up with NSW001 reckon that was cool, my last call sign for fifteen bucks & then renewed it when I moved back to Sydney....those were the days !
Not only should a licence fee be brought back, but maybe three strikes & your out, meaning if a licensed operator broke ACMA regs his or her licence should be cancelled & only renewed when they could prove to The ACMA they were reformed.

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 05:32:58 PM »
the reason i spoke on 2UE and some think i rang them and the truth is they rang me 4 days before and ask me would i be a guest on the show, and i said i would and waited till they rang me back to do the show.

it didn't come out as good as i hoped but i tried to show that CB isn't the band of hatred nor is it a X rated world here in NSW, its a few people that make it bad for all, and the vendeta that Marry has with JD as thats what sparked the big media race from the papers.

i was informed how they got the info, and in the paper clipping a few words were said that could only have come from the mouth of only 1 person need i say more ?.

CB radio and the people that use it don't need to be branded the way they were, as thats wrong only 2 people from the ch7 repeater said it is and they defended what they said on the repeater saying that it is a band of hatred and that it is a murky world.

i see it as a great hobby with a few issues that can be fixed very easy.

How well thats easy
1. remove repeaters in Sydney as they are not needed as we can hear most people simplex.
2. make people get a Lic and charge them the same as they do the ham op lic, if you love your hobby like the Ham people do $61 is worth it once a year.