CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
SYD01 / Re: HERE WE F...CKIN GO AGAIN SYD01 BOOOORING
« Last post by trash on April 12, 2012, 11:28:17 PM »
Lets just face it. You all miss JD. :)

As for repeater trolls. Well they live on any UHF CB repeater where there is enough other idiots to fuel each other.
If a country town is big enough to support at least three idiots, then you will hear them on the local repeater.
Otherwise, rural CB repeaters get used as they should. There is even one die hard guy on one of my local UHF CB repeaters who does a lot of community service.
He reads road reports, fire, flood and weather reports, community news and all kinds of things. Not that I ever listen to him (maybe I should) but he plods along doing his thing and doesn't bother anybody.
« Last post by BREWZA on April 10, 2012, 03:45:19 PM »
Ahhhhh ok sorry it sounds strange the way it reads and as for all that verbal crap going on there and the tongues that are in particular peoples arses there and people using the excuse that time heals sorry but not in my book people have to be held responsable for there words no matter how long its been i wont back down about what bushy said about my mrs maybe 5 years time maybe 10 years time he will get belted same as kruger the pint size dwarf there needs to be nothing on ch1 so these and other particular spastics have no stepping stone thats my say.  >:(
« Last post by Steve Hurstville on April 09, 2012, 09:08:43 PM »
Hey steve correct me if i am wrong  but how it sounds to me is that your saying i am talking to bushy well you got it wrong in a HUGE way i still dont talk to him after comments he made about my mrs and 3 times i asked him to meet up with me and being the gutless dog he is no show so its not me talking to that piece of shit and an apology would fit in place just nice thanks steve

You should re-read my post Bruce, then read it again and you'll see that in the first sentence I'm making comment on the current state of Ch1 (which any idiot knows your not on ch1) and the second sentence I'm answering your question so the two sentences are pretty much unrelated... The buddy he is talking to is Jason Daniels... You may know him as J.D. Kennedy....
Page News and Updates / CBDomain ups and downs
« Last post by BuNtEr on April 09, 2012, 03:09:22 PM »
last 2 months you may have notice the cbdomain sometimes online and sometimes not, reason for this is over heating problem, i haven?t had the time to do anything in that time so i just kept resetting the server and let it run till it needed to be reset again.

But today i had the time to do something, lucky part if i have an identical server to what is running cbdomain, so i just took the sata hdd out of the main server put it in the back up server and turned it back on, now im going to leave it on this back up till it has the same problem, then i will put it back on the first server pc.

What i have done is clean the heat sink and replaced the thermal paste as it was dry and crumbling due to being over heated.

here is the photos of the heatsink after i pulled it out of the server

before

After

« Last post by BREWZA on April 04, 2012, 04:20:29 PM »
Hey steve correct me if i am wrong  but how it sounds to me is that your saying i am talking to bushy well you got it wrong in a HUGE way i still dont talk to him after comments he made about my mrs and 3 times i asked him to meet up with me and being the gutless dog he is no show so its not me talking to that piece of shit and an apology would fit in place just nice thanks steve
« Last post by Steve Hurstville on April 02, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
It's truly amazing who happily chats with who on there. Short memories and relative forgiveness when people have said the most horrible things. Bushy seems to have survived Bruce, I hear him chatting with his Ch1 buddy regularly.
« Last post by BREWZA on March 03, 2012, 08:01:05 AM »
well after doing a little bit of sand bagging i have come to realise just as i first thought booooooring ch1 and yep ya right steve where else can you go to pick up such interesting knowledge lol where would we be without ch1  this is how important ch1 is to me all you people who enjoy reading here and that know me first person to offer me a SENSIBLE amount of money FOR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING a nice amp 100w plus 12db rojone 2 lengths of helewacker a 088 uniden a kenwood tk820 a tx4200 a kenwood tk 805 2 x kenwood tk370g with chargers  battery eliminators external antenna adaptors speaker mics BUT i may keep my 4200 its very special to me and its the best radio i have ever had due to ch1 missing so that i wont get that urge to fill my head with any further BULLSHIT. PS TALKING ABOUT BULLSHIT WHERE IS BUSHY DID THE CANCER GET HIM HAHAHAHA
CB / Re: FM boad
« Last post by hpssb on February 14, 2012, 02:40:19 AM »
It's pretty straightforward if you know what you're doing.  We did dozens of these conversions back in the 80's and 90's.

FM'ing the transmitter is the easy part.  You just need a source of low level audio preset on TX only.
Most radios enable the speaker by grounding one side of it on RX - no ground on TX = audio on TX only.
Just connect this point via a preemphasis network (a fancy way of saying a capacitor and resistor in series) to the VCO control line to transmit FM.

Receiver is a bit harder.  You need to add a small circuit like this to decode the incoming FM:

The hardest part is switching the FM in and out.  Best done with a 4 way switch to change AM/USB/LSB to FM/AM/USB/LSB.
You'll need a schematic of your radio to do the wiring mods unless you are a qualified radio expert...

Easier to forget about the last part.  Buy an old AM set for $5 (or get one for free from the kerbside hard rubbish collection / local rubbish dump).
Do a permanent conversion to FM, nobody used AM these-days.

Easier still: Buy a "10 meter CB" that can be easily modified (cut one diode / join one wire / etc).
26 to 30 megs AM/FM/SSB / High power pirate pleasure for $150 to $300 on eBay :-)
Hey, converting a CB or using FM on 27 megs is illegal, so why not go the whole hog?

Now for the hardest part: finding someone to talk to.
Here (Sydney, Australia) one can listen for hours or sometimes days without hearing anyone on AM or SSB, let alone FM.

For Sale Radio & Scanners / MOVED: WANTED.**.G.E. 3-5826 cb radio
« Last post by BuNtEr on February 06, 2012, 10:50:29 PM »
Wanted / WANTED.**.G.E. 3-5826 cb radio
« Last post by lugnuttz on February 06, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
i am  a collector in the U.S. located in new york  and i am looking for a G.E. 3-5826a  am/ssb 40 channel cb radio for my collection...preferrably original condition with no modifications

i am willing to pay a decent  price and all shipping costs 

if you have one for sale or know anyone  that has a radio like this that they are willing to sell send me an email   chevyssuck  92  at yahoo.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »