CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Author Topic: Repairs in Adelaide  (Read 12754 times)

Offline hpssb

• Carrier Droper
Re: Repairs in Adelaide
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 06:18:30 PM »
South off the CBD by 20 minutes

Do you know the down south "usuals" - Pioneer radio, Tommy in the Christie beach area, Doublesix Ron at happy valley?   
All hang out on 35 lower.

They should be able to give you an address or a phone number for HP, or just email them at highpowerssb@gmail.com
I think they are at Reynella but I don't know the south that well, could be a suburb or two out.
Tell them Laurence sent you  :)

Offline arf65

• Intermod
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 11:13:14 AM »
South off the CBD by 20 minutes

Offline SSL-100 mike

• Carrier Droper
  • Yeti Communications Ltd New Zealand
    • yeti communications ltd
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 02:59:23 PM »
love the video..reminds me of a "tech" i knew in the 80s here in nz..a pure genius ...well so he thought!...just was missing in the video the house full floor to ceiling in every room with electronic fodder (i am not kidding..he had "tracks" around the house to get around!)...when he died it took 2 months to empty the house of all the gear...and yes he talked just like the guy in the video (not sure if that was a put on??) got to love the qst mag bit also..nearly a century out of date sorry bud!

...anyway back on subject here..i do repairs/mods/restores to any cb or ham /export transceiver ......but i am in nz!... www.yeticomnz.com ...

does andrews still repair radios?..if so try them ...
or everybody's fav tech (so he thinks) old Jos at syncro electronics..he will bullshit your ear off telling you how he builds all his rigs in his backyard etc and that he is the cb radio god..beware! lasst time i was talking to him he was reinventing the phillips 320 and claimed he built them 100 at a  time...really not bad for a one man operation!
i have some really amusing emails from that guy!
mike SSL-100
yeti communications ltd nz
www.yeticomnz.com
home of the yeticom optima and yeticom huracan hp07nz

Offline hpssb

• Carrier Droper
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »
Yellow dot is months behind at the moment, I think he's moving house or renovating or something similar.

OK if U are not in a hurry I guess 3 months = you will get it back in time for Christmas  ;D

the unit is a Pearce Simpson Super Cheetah

Same as hornet 2, HPS (similar to my username here but not connected) did one a couple of months ago.
Blown finals and minor water damage, they fixed it great, hear it on 35LSB often.   
Cost $65 including parts and got it back in 3 days.

I've only got an email contact on him (shown in the original reply), if U want a phone number and address contact the southern crowd (Tommy and Ronnie, etc) on 35 lower most weeknights.
Or contact Banana base at Parafield, HPS do a lot of two way and VHF / UHF repairs for him.

Where in Adelaide are you approximately?

Offline arf65

• Intermod
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »
Hi

Electrib bug do not touch (cb27 mhz) them any more

Yellow dot man at Glenelg seem to be the go but  have been able to find a contact for him
Can any one help with contact number

the unit is a
Pearce Simpson Super Cheetah

Offline hpssb

• Carrier Droper
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 12:34:56 AM »
Only 3 left now that I know of.

Electric bug (will try to talk you out of any repair and then try to sell you new stuff to replace it)

Yellpw dot man at Glenelg (mainly ham gear converted to 27 megs)

HighP services (Two way, UHF, and AM/SSB CB only, no "exports" or AM only radios).

Electric bug are in the phone book

Yellow dot:

HighP highpowerssb@gmail.com

Hope that helps.    What sort of radio do you want fixed?    There are people here in NSW that still do 'em  :)

Offline arf65

• Intermod
Repairs in Adelaide
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 04:15:26 PM »
Hi All

Need a contact for repairng 27mhz cb radio in Adelaide
Thanks
Andrew