CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Author Topic: Radio Tech  (Read 6990 times)

Offline Retro Radio 626

• Carrier Droper
Re: Radio Tech
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 01:44:45 PM »

Well i finally got my antemma up and fired up the Galaxy,nice radio,lots of QRM all over the place,it comes and goes,i finally recieved my power supply and hooked up the Deltaforce,well that wasnt so good,it seems a lot of the functions on the radio dont work,recieve is good and i imagine transmit is the same,but its those buttons that give you other bells and whistles,been on to the bloke i bought it from on ebay today,keeping my fingers crossed he is the decent type and gets back to me,been burnt a couple of times on ebay,i have the operating manual and was able to check it from there,otherwise i would have been none the wiser.

No probs, I'll be up that way in about three weeks. I'll give you the details of where I'll be and see if I can meet up to get it done.

Might even be able to teach you how to do it yourself and look over your shoulder just to give you the confidence to do it.

Offline trash

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 11:51:01 PM »
No probs, I'll be up that way in about three weeks. I'll give you the details of where I'll be and see if I can meet up to get it done.

Might even be able to teach you how to do it yourself and look over your shoulder just to give you the confidence to do it.

Offline Retro Radio 626

• Carrier Droper
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 10:33:29 PM »

\Your spot on with the mod i want done,i dont feel confident enough to actually do it myself,as much as it seems easy,i have a habbit of making easy things look hard,and thats where it gets messy,also it would be a shame to ruin a nice radio,i had a look at the different mods,they all seem to do much the same,the one that caught my eye was
Channel expansion Version 2...........My QTH is half an hour from brisbane and half an hour from the Goldcoast,not sure if thats much help,but if you can help me out i will give you an e,mail of my home 20.......
I was thinking i would not be able to get it done,and was thinking about ebay,like i said its a nice radio and i would like to get the chance to use it,so any hel you could give me would be much appreaciated..........

Which mods do you want to do ?
I'm guessing they're probably one of these ....
http://www.radiomods.co.nz/magnumdeltaforcemod.html

Depending on where you are in vk4, I may be able to pay you a visit.
None of these mods appear to be particularly difficult unless you have a problem holding a soldering iron steady.

Offline trash

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 09:50:15 PM »
Which mods do you want to do ?
I'm guessing they're probably one of these ....
http://www.radiomods.co.nz/magnumdeltaforcemod.html

Depending on where you are in vk4, I may be able to pay you a visit.
None of these mods appear to be particularly difficult unless you have a problem holding a soldering iron steady.

Offline Retro Radio 626

• Carrier Droper
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 03:51:18 PM »
i dont know any up your way ill see what i can find else were for you

Thanks,i would appreciate it,i bought a DeltaForce magnum,and have found out there is a mod that can be done to it that gives extra blocks of channels,i have all the instructions on how to do it,but i dont want to mess up a good radio,i would sooner sell it if i cant get it modded.............

Hopefully i have added a picture of my setup,and you can see the photo...

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 12:46:29 AM »
i dont know any up your way ill see what i can find else were for you
What can i say but just that

Offline Retro Radio 626

• Carrier Droper
Radio Tech
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 11:18:15 PM »
Can anyone help me,im in Queensland and im looking for a radio tech to mod a radio i have,does anyone know where i can find one,im south of brisbane,been looking on the net for a couple of weeks but could not find anything,would really appreaciate any help..............Thanks