CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Author Topic: SSB PROBLEM  (Read 5122 times)

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
Re: SSB PROBLEM
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 04:09:39 PM »
Problem is with ebay its good and its bad, for this its bad, you cant test the radio before you bid/buy it, you have to take it thats the item /radio is in good nic.

Mick you a guru shhhh i never wish that upon you, lol hahahahaha
What can i say but just that

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 08:48:25 AM »
i remember when you did the 3 sisters for me (3 toggle switch on a Hygain mk2 AM 02A) it was much neater than that.

That brings back memories.......

its now 2009 and all the gurus of the 70s and 80s when it come to mods and repairs are now given up on the hobby.

Does that mean you think I was a guru?  :D

I have a book full of circuit diagrams of old radio's ....... somewhere? also have a 6ft long cardboard box (1of 4 stacked in the garage) which is almost full of CB/Ham & electronics magazines, one day...... maybe I will get into those boxes & get my teeth (well what's left of them) into radio again  ::)

Michael
I'm the Easygoing, Crowd Pleasing, 3 Litre Capacity, Diet & Caffeine Free, Cokebottle with lot's of Buddies!

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 10:42:04 PM »
WTF is that, mate thats a as m9ick said a butchers job.

i remember when you did the 3 sisters for me (3 toggle switch on a Hygain mk2 AM 02A) it was much neater than that.

if I'm right thats a 858 or a MB8719 uniden board all realistic radios of that time were uniden re badged.

Problem is now day there are too many people butchering radios, i know of a man that is a born genius when it come to HF radio repairs and mods, problem is getting him to find time to work on HF radios.

We here in Sydney have a lack of HF techs that know what they are doing when it come to repairs and mods.

its now 2009 and all the gurus of the 70s and 80s when it come to mods and repairs are now given up on the hobby.

Same as we need HF hero's that can fix and mod them without fucking them up.
What can i say but just that

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 08:56:48 AM »
EEEEK! what a butcher job! god knows what is causing the loss of tx, see if you can find a radio shop that will look at it!

Michael
I'm the Easygoing, Crowd Pleasing, 3 Litre Capacity, Diet & Caffeine Free, Cokebottle with lot's of Buddies!

Offline Lackostress

• Coffs Coast Sprctrums Edge ( Emergency Services Scan )
  • Carrier Droper
  • Coffs Coast Sprctrums Edge
    • Coffs Coast Sprctrums Edge ( Emergency Services Scan )
SSB PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:07:04 PM »
hey all

i bought a second hand ssb radio from ebay.com.au   ;D

the radio works and is in used but good condition , it has 3 extra switches in it for 3 sets of extra channels

it transmits and recives ok , but when i transmit for more then 10 seconds it loses transmit power and disables transmitting. i can re transmit after i turn it off then back on  :-\