CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Author Topic: Linking the world by radio  (Read 5407 times)

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
Re: Linking the world by radio
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »
About 10 years ago i ran a packet setup on UHF CB on CH23 for a year, it was used all the time i was the only node but still it was in use all the time for chatting and for its BBS.

Had fun till the RIs got too close as a few people got upset, and dobbed me in and the thing is they never used ch23 as they were repeater queens and never changed channels.
What can i say but just that

Offline SSL-100 mike

• Carrier Droper
  • Yeti Communications Ltd New Zealand
    • yeti communications ltd
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 07:54:40 PM »
i know this is a old post but as a operator/owner of the now ex Christchurch nz link i have a few words
first the link was great...in Christchurch at the time ..well before the quakes hit in 2010 it was a blast to use.....unfortunately the powers that be here in nz stopped it stone cold in its tracks when another operator in the north island got raided for having a linked station using this system that "packet cb""has.
second in the recent rule changes made in nz to the uhf cb band a few submissions went in asking for the system of linking via the internet be allowed....as usual the "powers that be"  stopped that in its tracks with some cr*p that it defeats the "use" of uhf cb...what a pack of c**ks!...
anyway i now live a lot father north of Christchurch now and things have changed here in nz as of recent so much so that there is only two radio inspectors for the north  island and one for the south island...in the area i now live there is only 3 operators for about 100kms and we all agree that time to put another link up..."packet cb" has been running the system from his site for q number of years now and i still login via the net to the links to talk all over the world to operators in other countries .....to note my neighbors brother is the north island radio inspector..and he sits out side my place (i live on a hill) to monitor for illegal fm radio station pirates when he is in town....fi**en funny as!  ;)
http://palmbeach.dynalias.com/gateway.htm

as a foot note i know you guys have issues on your uhf cb radio repeaters over there (been reading up on the ch7 saga)...in Christchurch (ch1-31)its run by a neo-nazi wannabe racist f**kwit and the so called nsdap skinhead dicks....if they only knew the "owner" known sex offender he would be in their dream of a death camp!
yeti communications ltd nz
www.yeticomnz.com
home of the yeticom optima and yeticom huracan hp07nz

Offline packetcb

• Intermod
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 03:48:15 AM »
We now Have a link into Bunbury, using CH 27 down there and will be activating another from Brigadoon Saturday Morning CH 28. A new link has come on line from Christchurch NZ tonight.
The UK server is always on line via a Xlink We made up.
Cheers All Russ from AU6PER Gateway

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 05:23:56 AM »
interesting
What can i say but just that

Offline Garry

• Intermod
Linking the world by radio