CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Author Topic: 2UE This Sunday  (Read 25057 times)

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
Re: 2UE This Sunday
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 05:06:17 PM »
Watch out Bill, you'll be accused of being part of Al-Quada next - hmmm you have a beard..... maybe you alreday converted?  ;D ;D ;D

haha mick you should know me better than that, remember mad max and the gun at emu planes school ??? or have you forgotton already ?.
What can i say but just that

Offline Don

• Repeater Tart
  • Freedom Of Speech Is Freedom To Teach !
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 04:58:27 PM »
Well after doing a little search regarding CB in The UK found I was right regarding no CB repeaters allowed over there still, was surprised to see that they did away with licences only last year though. Seems they have made the same mistake as Australia made back in the 1990's & they seem very excited, reckon they ought to listen to some Aussie CB repeater streaming & see the error of their ways.
Here is Ofcom's page relating to the above : http://www.ofcom.org.uk/radiocomms/ifi/licensing/classes/citizen/
All news to me lol.

Offline Don

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 04:27:56 PM »
That is a very good point & if Police get their way as was mentioned in the news recently, wanting all SIM cards, including pre paid to require 100 points of ID to purchase, a terrorist would find the UHF CB repeater detonation option irresistible, no tracks left for the authorities to follow the way things stand & we should ask why countries like The UK are CB repeater free ? Well one reason is ( & I do think there are others too ) they are much more likely to be hit by terror attacks like this & Australia could well do with following their lead, cause we are not a big target yet, but as sure as the sun comes up each morning, terror attacks will happen here sooner or later.

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 04:26:13 PM »
Watch out Bill, you'll be accused of being part of Al-Quada next - hmmm you have a beard..... maybe you alreday converted?  ;D ;D ;D
I'm the Easygoing, Crowd Pleasing, 3 Litre Capacity, Diet & Caffeine Free, Cokebottle with lot's of Buddies!

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 04:09:59 PM »
I had a email sent to me pointing out how easy it would be to used UHF Repeaters against all of AUSTRALIA, if the ACMA had seen in hindsight they may never have dropped the lic.

it would be so easy for a terrorist to go by a cheap hand held have it set on a sub tone on the out put of a repeater and use a dtmf code to detonate a bomb anywhere in a 100ks of any kind and not ever to be able to be traced that?s how a CB UHF Repeater could be used against Australia.

Have any of you ever thought of that ????

Offline Don

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 03:37:43 PM »
Well you & me both, am just a sandbagger nower days, just too much stress when I was a TX'er lol. And as for those el cheapo handhelds you mentioned, it's a pity they don't have kill codes like VKG's digital units ! Am sure some outfit in China could include kill codes in those little radios for a cheap price lol.

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 03:19:49 PM »
Unfortunately there were no follow up calls, was listening for a while after that but Glenn Wheeler moved onto other topics, but I must say Bill explained the workings of CB radio well to the listeners & how it should be. It is such a shame that a medium such as CB is not utilized in the way it ought to be as some people don't know how lucky they are to have the repeater option for UHF CB cause the last time I checked The UK for example don't have repeaters for CB radio, they are such a handy resource for everyone, but are taken for granted by some, as when it boils down to it people should just want to have a good chat about anything without the dramas in all their forms. I was taught to be polite, but it's hard to do so when some don't know how to reciprocate, anyway don't wish to dribble on here ! The bottom line is The ACMA need to be more than a paper tiger, as Bill was saying they are more concerned in fancy changeable letter heads than anything else ! And they should apply licensing fees like up to the late 1990's & enforce those regs.
Show me anywhere in the world that chaos, mayhem & lawlessness works in society ? CB radio is like a microcosm of society, so without the rule of law we have what CB is today & will be til the ACMA via Federal Parliament get some teeth. Maybe operators ought to write to their MP's & make it an election issue ?

Couldn't agree more, in the old days we used to be scared stiff of the Red Indians, now if you told someone on air that the RI's were coming to get them they would say "who"?  I don't use radio anymore, I am only a sandbagger but no wonder when you hear the style of operators out there, espeicially on the repeaters.

Another issue that has come up, is the fact that they are so many different shops selling cheap low power handhelds, you've got meatheads in "doof-doof" mobiles all having drag race meets in back streets with lookouts posted on corners & radioing back to their buddies when the cops are coming (that sort of thing used to happen before as well, but worse now) it has got the point that these portable radio's are like backsides - everyone's got one  :D

I think it is too late, they created spectrum anarchy by dropping the licence scheme.

Michael
I'm the Easygoing, Crowd Pleasing, 3 Litre Capacity, Diet & Caffeine Free, Cokebottle with lot's of Buddies!

Offline Don

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 03:07:13 PM »
Unfortunately there were no follow up calls, was listening for a while after that but Glenn Wheeler moved onto other topics, but I must say Bill explained the workings of CB radio well to the listeners & how it should be. It is such a shame that a medium such as CB is not utilized in the way it ought to be as some people don't know how lucky they are to have the repeater option for UHF CB cause the last time I checked The UK for example don't have repeaters for CB radio, they are such a handy resource for everyone, but are taken for granted by some, as when it boils down to it people should just want to have a good chat about anything without the dramas in all their forms. I was taught to be polite, but it's hard to do so when some don't know how to reciprocate, anyway don't wish to dribble on here ! The bottom line is The ACMA need to be more than a paper tiger, as Bill was saying they are more concerned in fancy changeable letter heads than anything else ! And they should apply licensing fees like up to the late 1990's & enforce those regs.
Show me anywhere in the world that chaos, mayhem & lawlessness works in society ? CB radio is like a microcosm of society, so without the rule of law we have what CB is today & will be til the ACMA via Federal Parliament get some teeth. Maybe operators ought to write to their MP's & make it an election issue ?

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 08:41:11 AM »
Hi, just curious did they get many callers back to the program? if so what was the response?

Michael

Offline Don

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 02:54:10 AM »
No worries Bill, happy to help out. It was good radio.

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 08:36:25 PM »
i just replaced the 2UE interview MP3 with a really great clean copy thanks to Don.

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 11:46:53 PM »
HAHA on ya mick

OK here is a recording done of it being re broadcasted over SYD01 today, sorry i sounded like shit but i Hope it showed CB not to be the sleazy place it has been made to look over the past week.

Click The Link below to download it

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 07:36:28 PM »
sorry for the F**k up i will see what i can do to get a copy of the show and put it here fow download

Come on Bill! I had to sit through all this old crappy music & boring talkback only to find out your were not on air........ only joking,  ;D ;D ;D I was away from all radio today, went bushwalking, looking forward to hearing a recording, hope you can get it mate!

Michael

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 03:09:03 PM »
I did F**k up it was on 2UE, an i put forwared how great a place CB realy is and its not a band of hatred or a Xrated world, and that that the crap that was in the sunday telly was a vendeta from the owner of SYD07 againts the owner of SYD01.

I told them that CB is a great Hobby and is used by 100s of people in sydney.

i also put a plug in for ACREM.

And CBDomain.com got a great plug from them and so did the wyong field day, and how CB ops are a great bunch of people and its only a few that make it look bad.

sorry for the F**k up i will see what i can do to get a copy of the show and put it here fow download

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 08:16:19 PM »
Sorry, I'll be at the trash n treasure :)

so will i they will call me on my mobile to do the interview lol