CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Author Topic: 2UE This Sunday  (Read 25050 times)

Offline Don

• Repeater Tart
  • Freedom Of Speech Is Freedom To Teach !
Re: 2UE This Sunday
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2007, 09:32:04 PM »
Well I'm not up on the act you may have been referring too, but I do remember activating a pre paid SIM card about six years back over the phone, I acquired the card it self from a bloke in the pub....yes I know that sounds like a stereotypical line, but that is the way it was lol.
So what is the specific Federal Act you were referring too, I would imagine Philip Ruddock would have had something to do with it ?

Offline Damian

• Carrier Droper
  • SYD01.TK Home of Legends
    • SYD01.TK Home of Legends
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2007, 09:19:05 PM »
That is a very good point & if Police get their way as was mentioned in the news recently, wanting all SIM cards, including pre paid to require 100 points of ID to purchase, a terrorist would find the UHF CB repeater detonation option irresistible, no tracks left for the authorities to follow the way things stand & we should ask why countries like The UK are CB repeater free ? Well one reason is ( & I do think there are others too ) they are much more likely to be hit by terror attacks like this & Australia could well do with following their lead, cause we are not a big target yet, but as sure as the sun comes up each morning, terror attacks will happen here sooner or later.

I hate to tell you but the gov is already very sneaky in regards to prepaid mobiles. If you read the act carefully you will see that you must provide acceptable photo ID ( if paying by cash)  or a credit/ debit card. this has been in place since prepaids first came out.
BTB ALL debit /credit transactions are recorded by the banks and must be kept for 10 years (Big Brother is really watching you ;) )

Damian

Offline Don

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2007, 11:07:42 AM »
Thought this new You Tube upload might be of some interest, would be keen in getting some feed back....have also sent this link to The NSW Police Minister to see if it will shake his butt ! lol.

Offline Don

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2007, 03:14:32 PM »
Will have to check out that site, never heard of it til now, seems some of them sound overly highbrow & too sure of themselves. What you said on 2UE made sense.

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2007, 02:55:17 PM »
hows this for a shit newsgroup aus.radio.cb

i had a look last night and found this topic Bunter on 2UE?
now that didn't bother me as i new sooner or later it would make its way to the bottom of the pile as the news groups are the bottom of the pile and always get shit wrong or turn it into chines whispers what starts out as bill was on 2UE could end up as bill was on TV as a mass murderer.

this is what i found in the post.

(Quote)
I heard that Bunter had a rant on 2UE about all the crap on CB, does anyone
have a link to the audio ?

If its like his posts, should be good listening or dribble ???

thanks all
(end Quote)

Now if this person was after info on how to find it he would have emailed me to ask for info on it not be a newsgroup troll.

It seems now newsgroups are filled with what is called Trolls people that spend all there time flaming people to inflate there egos, so they can feel like one of the post whore trolls so they are in a group and not left out.

Here is my reply to this person on the newsgroup

(Quote BuNtEr)
In stead of waiting for someone to hand it to you, why don't you get off of
your butt and find it on my site as that's the only place you will find it.

Yes you heard right i was on 2UE and the reason i was on there was to show
that CB radio is not a band of hatred and nor is it a X-rated world like it
was made out to be in the paper.

So it seams your fishing again.

Should learn to bite off as much as you can and chew like crazy.
(End Quote BuNtEr)

one such person is a person on aus.radio.cb called Jebus, all he does is moth off to people and thinks he is big flaming people and putting shit on them with his big mouth so long as he has the safety of hiding behind the keyboard were he don't have anyone find out who he really is and he don't have to pay up for his mouth.

here is a post from the same thread on aus.radio.cb

(Quote Jebus)
How fvcking IRONIC, you of all people trying to refute that it is a band
of hate, lol...

A quick sampling of your hate-filled rants, as seen on www.cbdomain.com:

"Keep this name in mind MICHAEL KEEPING from BALLARAT,  he is a SCAB and
any other sly scummy name you can think of in time michael will F**k
over the wrong person and they will find him and thats all we will know
about it, im wishing for that day to come."

"they are big men, Wrong your not your GUTLESS AND SPINLESS and you need
to be delt with, and as true as the pope is German you will be."

"just think sooner or later this scab will be gone they will put him in
jail and he will become BUBAS F**k toy."

"You may remember a month or so ago he said he would meet me for a fight
at the rounderbout at colman street near the M4 off ramp"

"it seems people like to join forces with scum agents me as it takes
ALLOT of scum to even come close to bring me down."

"Lets hope thats the last we will see or hear from that low life scab,
and we hope he craws back under the rock that he came from"

(End Quote Jebus)

if i was to find out who he is and were he is, it would not be hard but I'm not going to go out of my way as this little man is just that a little man with a big mouth.

SO as you can see news groups here in Australia are run buy TROLLS like Jebus, and now arnt the wealth of information like they used to be.
THANKS to people like JeBus.
What can i say but just that

Offline Don

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2007, 10:28:19 PM »
No worries Bill, should have thought of that myself ! lol. It's already had 36 views & sent it to BskyB in The UK too, been sending political stuff etc. to them for years, think they saw the funny side of their Aussie mates too lol.

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2007, 10:23:58 PM »
stuff like that you can put in the Comedians Zone

Offline Don

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2007, 05:47:52 PM »
Sorry Bill if this link is not placed in the correct area, but was unsure where to put it.
While watching Question Time from The House Of Reps today on Sky News the following little gem happened & have just posted it on You Tube, made my political day lol.

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 11:07:38 AM »
Like I said before, we will have to get together one day Bill, before I get too much older & forget who you are at all!!!

I had better go back to doing some work, bit busy today anyway.

Bye

Michael
I'm the Easygoing, Crowd Pleasing, 3 Litre Capacity, Diet & Caffeine Free, Cokebottle with lot's of Buddies!

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2007, 11:05:10 AM »
out of me and i put the panic into everyone else when i said its a raid lol

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2007, 11:03:40 AM »
Well I'll be! I still don't remember being there though, what was I doing while all this was happening? hiding under the car seat?  ;D

I remember going up to Springwood in the brown? wagon to the party where Mad Dog Brad got so drunk on about 4 light beers then wandered down the road & fell asleep next to a creek, then his copper old man turned up & scared the s**t out of you  ;D ;D ;D

Michael
I'm the Easygoing, Crowd Pleasing, 3 Litre Capacity, Diet & Caffeine Free, Cokebottle with lot's of Buddies!

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2007, 10:52:50 AM »
you and mark and brad said what are you doing don't be an idiot get back, me being me i didn't listen.

I must be getting old...... I don't think I was there! I remember the basic info only that being you got a gun off someone, are you 100% sure I was there???

Wonder what ever happened to Mad Max Peter? (approriate callsign too)

Michael

you were there as it was silver car marks birthday that day and we u me brad spent the day with him getting people ready for the party and letting know where to go and picking up stuff.

yep you were there, that night you and i whent up in a station wagon and you paid out on me saying red barron bill is a hero hahahaha and i had that repeated to me of well over a year hahahaha.

Offline cokebottle

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2007, 10:48:44 AM »
you and mark and brad said what are you doing don't be an idiot get back, me being me i didn't listen.

I must be getting old...... I don't think I was there! I remember the basic info only that being you got a gun off someone, are you 100% sure I was there???

Wonder what ever happened to Mad Max Peter? (approriate callsign too)

Michael

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2007, 10:44:10 AM »
we were in silver car marks car if u remember and pulled out out side of a YL radio op i forget her name and peter was across at the school with the high powered rile with a scope on it, and had that op and her mum and her boy fiend held up at the door. we pulled up they said get the F**k out of here as peter was across the road with the gun and had it pointed at them.

Mark move the car up the road and i got him to stop i jumped out. you and mark and brad said what are you doing don't be an idiot get back, me being me i didn't listen.

i jumped the school fence crawled under the building, started to slowly creep towards peter from behind almost right behind him when i stepped on a twig and it went SNAP he spun around and pointed the rifle at me i near bloody shit meself right there and then. he said bill what are you doing and i said trying not to shit me self and told him to point the gun away.

he and i got on well, he pointed the gun to the ground and i said can i come talk with him he said yes i spoke to him why was he doing this he was in love with the girl and i asked him for the gun he said no at first and i walked up to him and garbed it and a push and a shove i ended up with the rifle and he had a few 100 rounds of ammo and a full lunch packed so he was ready for a long stand off.

this was no 22 it was a high powed rifle the bullets were almost 3 inchs long and were brass looking, it was a bolt action as well as had a mag under it

Offline Don

• Repeater Tart
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2007, 10:42:16 AM »
You mentioning the good old IC-U16 brought back a few memories, first got my hands on one back in the early 1990's & of course it was an oldish radio back then, but a very good work horse & very easy to use cause of the direct entry frequency programming, later I had a Midland 254B which is basically a clone of the Icom unit, I do remember how grunty that Midland was though & prefer the Midland version myself.
Also remember taking my first U16 to Jimmy Walker for some heavy duty repair work & my natural curiosity lead me to see what he did inside the radio only to find that he had used a couple of match sticks to fix the display problem ! lol., but Jimmy fixed a few other things that I was not able to do & the unit worked very well indeed. Good on ya Jimmy, seems he has long since disappeared from the radar ?
A few years ago I was in a certain radio dealer's store at Greystanes & saw a lovely pristine IC-U16 & just had to have it at any price, he wanted $500 for it, I new it was inflated as a lot of his gear is, never the less I brought it only to find the TX was crappy, but RX was great. I still have both U16's but alas the Midland is long gone.
Call me old fashioned, but they don't make radios like they used too & give me a big brute of a radio anytime ! lol., although the little rigs of today have their place too.