CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Author Topic: MURKY WORLD OF CB RADIO From the Sunday Telegraph  (Read 13224 times)

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
Re: MURKY WORLD OF CB RADIO From the Sunday Telegraph
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 06:42:05 PM »
Got a phone call from Mr Holmes from the Sunday Telegraph this afternoon and spent about 15 Min's chatting to him filling him in with allot of stuff he wasn't told about, and also told him how CB radio isn't a Band Of Hatred or a X-radio world, and told him about all the good things about radio and the good people and the GOOD things they do.

Had a Chat about the pertition thats about JD and told him if people felt hard done by or felt that got the wrong end of the stick from JD there would be 100s of people sign the pertition since 2004 instead of only 81, he then said he could see what i was saying.

Told him allot that wasn't told to him allot that wasn't told as the people had a hidden agenda and now he can see it.

All in all i hope he is now seeing there is more to CB than he was lead to believe.

What can i say but just that

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
Re: MURKY WORLD OF CB RADIO From the sundaytelegraph
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 02:00:40 PM »
i dont know about your log in we had to revert back to this forum from the other so why didnt you re reg your old username  ????.

Offline Webboss Syd01

• Intermod
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2007, 12:21:28 AM »
Its not likely Jason would post comment here ::)

I dont thinks its his style

AND What happened to my login Bunter???????

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 10:55:52 PM »
Were are you JD i would really like to hear how you feel about what been said, i wish you would as here you will have a fair chance and not have it twisted against you.

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 05:28:54 PM »
Actually Peter Holmes emailed me through syd01.tk and asked for comment.
When I replied that yes I was willing to make comment, there was no reply.
Perhaps it was because I presented myself in professional manner and that doesnt suit News Ltd view of the world.

If you do a search on Peter Holmes you will find he is a "Music Journo" not a serious credible journalist.

If you wish to email him holmesp@sundaytelegraph.com.au have fun.

I dislike smear campains, his behaviour (Peter Holmes) is worse than JD's if only because Jason doesnt have a right reply in kind.

Damian

What happened to my login Bunter?

well i feel left out as Peter Holmes never contacted me, and it seems Peter Holmes hasnt really done any back ground work on the 2 people that gave him the shitfull info.

the CB band is not a band of Hatred nore is it a X-rated world.

Offline Webboss Syd01

• Intermod
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 04:15:52 PM »
Actually Peter Holmes emailed me through syd01.tk and asked for comment.
When I replied that yes I was willing to make comment, there was no reply.
Perhaps it was because I presented myself in professional manner and that doesnt suit News Ltd view of the world.

If you do a search on Peter Holmes you will find he is a "Music Journo" not a serious credible journalist.

If you wish to email him holmesp@sundaytelegraph.com.au have fun.

I dislike smear campains, his behaviour (Peter Holmes) is worse than JD's if only because Jason doesnt have a right reply in kind.

Damian

What happened to my login Bunter?

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 12:04:45 AM »
Here we have merry and chrackle merry owns the SYD07 repeater, and crackle is what you would call a F**k Buddy for merry, and they likes to threaten people with the acma, i have had dealings with this crackle an last time i almost got arrested, as the police got me at his front door.

JD is like many people that vent what they feel, not just that some people put them self's in a a position were they deserve a mouth full from JD and i have been one of them.

If you listen to ch07 UHF you will hear crackler or night rider trying to sell some people a 100+  WATT RADIO and thats a breach of the acma and i have the recordings to prove it. LEE aka Liam live in the back yard ot crackle and Mary's place (marry being the owner or SYD07).

now crackle and merry will DOB you in to the acma as they think they are the UHF CB police

sorry will edit when I'm sober had too much to drink

Offline Adam

• Carrier Droper
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 10:02:17 PM »
thing is acma dont really care they wiped there hands of citizen band ages ago
down hear in melbourne we use to have few pplz that run ch7 rpt with private inputs
aka the wizz fizz amatures runing big valve amps big yagi arays playing the power game
and heaps of complaints reported yet nothing done not to mention few pirate rpts
like glens he had acma come to his place only to tell him to stay off ch40 and stop abusing truck drivers
no mention of his pirate rpts when he mentioned truck drivers on the inputs
they told him not to change the subject kinda says sumthing about acma
you think that blokes hard shit we had one that was involved in those 2 coppers geting shot in the marabon murders
that was involved in a robbry done by a radio op from ch3 rpt but at the end of the day its radio we all know where the on / off is
and have simplex channels

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 12:35:30 AM »
Well let see what comes out of this, i still haven't had a reply to my email from the Sunday Telegraph as yet.

i wounder if JD will have any come back to this now I'm sure he knows were this has come from, it would be good if he got on hear and had a say, as i would be intrested in what he would have to say all about this. and if he would see that they might be after his repeater, as i think this could have been a way to force him to hand it over, so other party's could get there grubby hands on it.

JD don't need to defend himself on here i would like to know what he thinks.

Offline Steve Hurstville

• Carrier Droper
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 08:31:55 PM »
Crackle threatens to rape and bash Clydes missus, threatens to rape Bills daughter, Shane goes to Krugers to bash him, poof007 threatens everyone, Mary's gestbook contained racist, biggoted and slanderous comments, tripper is going to shoot every fukker in the world....... and they devote all that to Kennedy???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA the Sunday Telegraph gets sucked in by the Speed Queen and Boonger Boy LMFAOOOOOOO

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 10:28:26 AM »
I see it this way the petty hatred thats just been showed is from a few people, as most people know who, is it not enough that these people think they are the CB police dobbing and threatening people into the ACMA, and now they have gone one step further and used there vigilante ways and used the media to do there dirty work, and not had the balls to put there name to it.

Its not hard to work out who has been out to get Kennedy for many years and who it was that started the Petition?.

I am thinking not only that these people wish to hurt him in the media as thats the best way to do the most damage to him as well as i am thinking that they are wanting to make a grab at owning SYD01 repeater lic, when you think of it its not too far fetched of an idea is it.

its not hard to see who this is all comming from just look at the people that these people dislike and know they cant control and had/tried to silence them with the ACMA.

JD has a lot to answer for but when does it come down to using vigilante tactics to do the job as these people that have set out to "get" JD has have to lower themselves to be as bad as JD or worse than JD , and step on the people that have done nothing wrong and brand them as the so called band of hatred, i think these people that have done this should give up the hobby of CB radio as they cant dictate what people do or say.

These people have not done the world of CB radio any Justus, if anything they have done more damage by being self appointed judge, jury and executioners.

And yet they get on UHF SYD07 and back up there claims that all of UHF CB is a band of hatred and to me they are playing Hitler games and they will loose in the long run.

Unless they wish to be judged by the same vigilanteism and have all there skeletons un hiddin in the same fashion, they should walk very carefully.
Remember whats good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Offline Adam

• Carrier Droper
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 11:01:30 PM »
rotflmao he not so bad heard worse its radio dont see what the big deal is
there allways is gonna be asshats dont matter if its IRL , online , on cb

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 04:38:32 PM »
Anyone that wishes to send a reply to the sundaytelegraph you can use this email till i find the direct email to the reporter. newsdesk@dailytelegraph.com.au

And i sent an email to the sundaytelegraph using the above email and to-date have had no success in getting a reply from them.

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 11:37:02 PM »
Am i the only one that can see it.

I see that CB radio on UHF 476.425 (ch1) to 477.400 (ch40) a band of hatred thats what the paper clipping states.

I feel i am nothing like JD, Seems everyone else thats used the UHF CB band being branded (tared with the same brush as JD) the same as being like JD.

I think its wrong it should have been aimed at JD and not the band.

I will send this person an email pointing out how wrong that its not a band of hatered.

I think that the reporter is being one sided and got his info from persons with more hatred towards JD then whats on the WHOLE CB band.
as they have gone off track with there public assault on JD and burnt everyone else with him.

CB is a great place to be in no way is it a place of hatred, it has a few people that make it hard for people and a few hidding in the shadows doing what has just happen in the paper.

you will find there are many people that have said nasty things to others and there family's over there years but it don't make the band a place of hatred as its been branded.

JD is his worse enemy and in time he will take care of himself good or bad, on top of that i would like to know who the key figures are as it has been said in the paper.

Seems that the persons responsable for giving missleading/one sided info to the reporter are doing more damage to the CB band by feeding the reporter hatred, and not showing the reporter all the good things that happen on radio as well as all the good people on CB radio, and for the reporter he didn't do his homework at all and went on what was feed to him as he doesn't have a clue at all and looks like he was just trying to fill a empty spot in the paper so it could be published.

It was poorly set out and should never have gone to print. And to be fair it should be made known Who the persons were that gave the reporter the missleading/one sided info. and the reporter should speak to more than the persons responsable for the hatred info and be shown what life on CB radio is all about, what about people like ACREM, ACBRO, CREST. and the scores of other people that help other people in need, the BBQs and outings, the field days.

I have been lucky and i have been invited by the many good people from SYD01 to a Christmas party as well as going to the club and so on, i have been invited to CH2 BBQ's and they were great, and been invited to CH3 BBQs, as well as the many BBQ's from CH7, along side allot of people put money in so the few disabled CB radio ops so they could have a day deep sea fishing, as well as the CH7 deep see fishing trip, and over almost 30 years of CB i have been lucky to be apart of and been to 100s of BBQ's, as well as CB birthdays, CB house warming party's, CB money drives to help out CB ops get radios fixed, and CB ops helping other install Base/Mobile Antennas and not ask a sent or anything in return.

I would like to see were you would find that posted in the Sundaytelegraph, or if any of that was told to the reporter ????????????.

I would like to know how all of that got missed and how none of that was taken into consideration.

Offline Jim

• Carrier Droper
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 09:41:59 PM »
How unexpected!  ::)