CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Author Topic: the live feeds on CBDomain.com  (Read 5443 times)

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
Re: the live feeds on CBDomain.com
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 08:17:15 PM »
Cant wait to hear it back up Jim, when you can, and good too see you're repeater is up and running after all the setbacks you have had since you got it.
What can i say but just that

Offline Jim

• Carrier Droper
Re: the live feeds on CBDomain.com
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 07:59:57 PM »
Heya, just to add to this, I've been trying to get my live feed back up, i've even put a discone and bought a brand-new scanner, but I need time to setup a box to stream, so my appologises about the coffs stream being down for so long, but I hope to get it back up before christmas! That being said, I've been quite busy with VMF04 and getting it on air properly over the last few weeks. Cheers for now, Jim

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
the live feeds on CBDomain.com
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 08:23:07 PM »
OK i think this needs to be talked about and info given to those who carry on and complain about the live feeds on cbdomain.com being down.

CBDomain only has control of one live feed and thats the 35 LSB live feed that here with the cbdomain servers, its given as a free service to everyone and the money for its upkeep and everything that keeps it on line is paid out of my pocket, i don't ask anyone to pay any money to use all that CBDomain has to offer, most pages you find about the net in Australia make you join up or make a payment as a member to access them, we here at cbdomain charge $0 to use or access the site you don't even have to be a member to use the live feeds, all you need to do is be a member on the forum to post.

So what i heard today on 35LSB a radio op crying about the live feeds not working STIFF Cheddar, all the other live feeds that we host the link for they also run them and pay for the upkeep and do there best to keep them going, cbdomain has no control over the other live feeds.

If u want if u can help host a live feed if not please be happy if the feeds are up when they can be, don't carry on complaning about what is not there as its does not cost you the user.

From time to time i get a phone call from a nice man in QLD he lets me know when its off line and i do my best to get it back up right away, and i will do it on the spot when people go out of there way to let me know nicely instead of complaining.

i have just gotton the live feed back up as the PC had died it was a old PC and i run them 24/7 and they are not 100% dutycycle computers, so the tend to last as long as they can till they die.

We do get donations of PC parts from people and that helps keep cbdomain servers up and running, but mostly i pay for 70% of what needs to be paid to keep it all on-line.
What can i say but just that