General Category > General Chat

2006 JOTA

(1/1)

acrem:

--- Quote from: BuNtEr on October 31, 2006, 11:18:33 PM ---i will send the money in for the ACREM stickers next thursday sorry i fogot all about it

--- End quote ---

::)

That's OK, I've got to chase up a few people. If you don't want them and/or can't off load them, you can just send them back.  I'll send you an email with some options for payments in it if it makes like easier!

Anyone else want to buy a supporters sticker for ACREM?? Only $1 each!  If so, visit http://www.acrem.org.au/support/support_us.php#sticker for more info...

Cheers

BuNtEr:
i will send the money in for the ACREM stickers next thursday sorry i fogot all about it

acrem:
With a bit of luck next year we will have a bit more running too.  Hopefully some SSTV and maybe ATV, 6m, etc.  Ideally I'd like to get packet running between 2 stations so the kids can see that you don't need the internet to chat between computers...

We'll see what happens..

trash:
Thats a pretty cool idea. some simple CB education.

I ran some ATV this year, but nobody was rxing other than a couple of hams... so it largely went unoticed.

acrem:
Well another JOTA has been and gone, and I am pleased to say that the JOTA camp held at Loxford NSW by the Lower Hunter District Scouts, where ACREM provided the operators, was a complete success!? The kids actually enjoyed using the radio's and all that attended (around 30) had a chance to talk to a JOTA station in either Victoria or Queensland via the HF Amateur bands.?

We also had UHF CB on the day and educated the kids about the proper use of CB and the emergency channels, so hopefully that will be a few less that stumble onto these channels using their $20 communicators!

If you'd like to see some pics of the weekend camp then pop over to our website http://www.acrem.org.au/about/jota06.php

I hope that in 2007 we can find a few more people to set up JOTA stations in their area and not only help the kids to communicate via radio, but also educate them about CB and the proper use of the CB bands.

Cheers
Martin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version