CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Author Topic: Wyong Field Day 2006  (Read 6251 times)

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
Re: 2006 Field Day
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 04:15:23 PM »
Please don't encourage it to be so
What can i say but just that

chris

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 11:52:29 AM »
Ok ill try this again maybe it will stay for longer than a day this time before our friend the hacker stuffs us all up again.
I had the pleasure of attending this years Field day at Wyong and i must say i found it to be very interesting in more ways than one. I'm guessing there would have been a couple of thousand people attend through out the day, with the sun blaring as it was most people made it a short visit as it became uncomfortably warm. I arrived there at about 7:15am as all of the stall holders were just setting up, we were not allowed into the manufacturers area until 8:30am when they had all set up but we were allowed to browse through the flea market area. This proved to be a bonus for the bargin hunters that had made it there early as they say "the early bird gets the worm" and this was defiantly the case. By the afternoon most of the stalls were either overpriced and not selling or all the bargains had been snapped up and only junk was left. So i guess the moral to that is if you want a bargain get there early.
 Eventually 8:30 came around and the trade stalls opened with lots to see and plenty of bargains ranging from all radio related equipment to underwater scooters and lots of electronic gadgets. Most of the big radio manufacturers were represented along with the likes of Landmark computers and Jaycar there was also some great displays from various clubs including the vintage radio club. It was great to meet some of the guys and girls from the likes of ACREM and WICEN and many others.
 One of the interesting parts of the day for me was putting faces to voices, I met so many people of radio that i hear all the time but have never seen, I would like to name you all but i wouldn't want any of you to think i have forgoten you should i omit to mention you so i wont, nether the less it was great to meet you all.
 Anyway i could go on all day about the day but i wont, all i will say is if you didn't make it this year make sure you get there next year and ill see you then.

hahah lets see if the cbdomain forum database stays alive and see if it dose not get hacked agian

Offline acrem

• Carrier Droper
    • ACREM (National)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 06:32:32 PM »
According to CCARC there were between 1400 and 1500 visitors to the 2006 Field Day, as well as coverage on the evening news of the local TV station.

From ACREM's perspective, I think the day was a great success. Our main aim was to try and get the message across about the CB emergency channels and I noticed during the day a lot of people carrying the very "communicator" type radio's that are causing a lot of problems come up and read the info, so hopefully we got the message across to a few more. Plus we raised just over $111 from sales and donations ($95 from sale of 2nd hand goods) so that was also a great bonus.

One the way down Tony (Newcastle 2-14) and myself stopped in at the Caltex twin service centres and dropped off some publicity notices about the emergency channels at the south bound stations. According to staff there are already notices up at the north bound stations. Let's hope that helps get the message across to some more truckies and travellers!!

It was also great to meet up with Bill, CJ and Richie.

I'd like to thank James, Dave and Tony for helping out at the ACREM stand (oh and my 8yo son who was sporting the badge "VK2UMJ 3rd Harmonic").

Cheers all, and hope to see you at the 2007 Field Day.

Martin.
Australian Citizens Radio
Emergency Monitors
(National)

Offline rsrichie

• Co-vert Ops
  • Carrier Droper
  • Power is an illusion of the mind!
    • Vintage Old School BMX
Wyong Field Day 2006
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 05:24:09 PM »
Ok ill try this again maybe it will stay for longer than a day this time before our friend the hacker stuffs us all up again.
I had the pleasure of attending this years Field day at Wyong and i must say i found it to be very interesting in more ways than one. I'm guessing there would have been a couple of thousand people attend through out the day, with the sun blaring as it was most people made it a short visit as it became uncomfortably warm. I arrived there at about 7:15am as all of the stall holders were just setting up, we were not allowed into the manufacturers area until 8:30am when they had all set up but we were allowed to browse through the flea market area. This proved to be a bonus for the bargin hunters that had made it there early as they say "the early bird gets the worm" and this was defiantly the case. By the afternoon most of the stalls were either overpriced and not selling or all the bargains had been snapped up and only junk was left. So i guess the moral to that is if you want a bargain get there early.
 Eventually 8:30 came around and the trade stalls opened with lots to see and plenty of bargains ranging from all radio related equipment to underwater scooters and lots of electronic gadgets. Most of the big radio manufacturers were represented along with the likes of Landmark computers and Jaycar there was also some great displays from various clubs including the vintage radio club. It was great to meet some of the guys and girls from the likes of ACREM and WICEN and many others.
 One of the interesting parts of the day for me was putting faces to voices, I met so many people of radio that i hear all the time but have never seen, I would like to name you all but i wouldn't want any of you to think i have forgoten you should i omit to mention you so i wont, nether the less it was great to meet you all.
 Anyway i could go on all day about the day but i wont, all i will say is if you didn't make it this year make sure you get there next year and ill see you then.
Lifes short make the most of it!