CBDomain.com Australia's #1 Radio Hobby Forum

Author Topic: How serious people can take CB radio a true story  (Read 3481 times)

Offline BuNtEr

• Lord of War
  • Administrator
  • Lord of War
How serious people can take CB radio a true story
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 02:34:06 AM »
Some people say how they don't know how people can take radio so serious ?, well let me tell you a true story about how serious people can take CB radio.

Back in 1980/81 HF CB was very popular and was very busy, people having eyeballs meeting at Mcdons on a Friday nigh, having fun with Fox hunts and BBQs on weekends. but one morning in emu plains there was a young man held up in a school across from a House of a young lady CB radio operator and he had her so scared she was unable to move away from the door nor could her boyfriend.

The young man (Max) with the 303 rifle was very upset and wanted to shoot the young girls boyfriend (Red Dragon Richard) he had about 200 rounds of ammo and had been waiting for along time to get the boyfriend(Red Dragon Richard) of the girl in the right place, and this was All over bad words said on CB radio and allot of jealousy. and it was by my luck/unlucky to be driving by with silver car mark,Coke Bottle Michael, spunky phantom brad and a few others we had pulled up out the front of the girls place right in the firing line and they told us to get out of the way.

Silver car mark moved the car up the road and us out of harms way, a few of us got out and tried to get a good spot to see who it was, i saw who it was and it was max he was well liked by many CB ops in the west, he was very upset and when he saw me i near shit me pants as i thought he was going to shoot me (my life past me fast that day i tell ya), i was able to talk to him and get him to hand over the gun. I then told him to go sit down and wait for the cops and he did.

So you see people can take whats said and done on CB radio very Serious, not every one handels radio in the same way. after a wile if you push a person hard enough they will snap.

The same has been going on on UHF CB for the past few years but none as worse as the last 18 months. It has to Stop before its get to the point were people really get hurt..

Like STC he pushes people so hard till they push back and give him a reason to go and assault people and he uses the excuse that he was pushed when he started it, look what happen with me a year ago i was pushed and Lucky for me and the other person that i was stopped, and that started out with the lie from Clyde to push me to almost do something bad.
\
CB Radio is a great Hobby you can be anonymous or you can meet people and have lots of great times and meet new friends.

Radio isn't meant to be the only thing in life, if you get someone start on you its ok just turn it off go watch some TV or go out, i know you think i paid all this money i want to use it without some loser stuffing it up?, well its like everything in life people go out of there way to make someone unhappy so they feel good in themselves or top of the food chain on CB radio, if you hang in there and hold on to your anger people will see you are a good person and that will shine above the people that wish to make you unhappy.

There many types of Radio ops around there are ones that love to chat with anyone and not take sides, and you have people that chat and sit on the fence so if all hell breaks out that can pick the winning side. OR you have your shit stirrers, comedeans, thugs, and ones that are almost the worst the band wagon people they are people that jump on anyones band wagon to make things as bad as they can (we have many of these), bullies, 2fased liers, people that put shit on other people hiding behind a fake voice.

Friendship is Very Very Cheap on UHF CB in Sydney, you can make a friend one week and the next he can stab you in the back to others and say some of the worst things about you your family, and in a month they are mates again and the cycle starts off again.

CB in the 70s and 80s wasn't like this you had a disagreement once in a blue moon, and its worst what almost happen at emu plains.

CB radio operators are normally a great bunch of people you will at times see them help out a fellow radio op if he/she is down on his/her luck if his/her radio dies or he/she needs help with setting up a antenna.

This as lately isn't going on CH7 used to have BBQs once or twice a month. you have too many people trying to climb the tower of power on radio have more power, make up lies about others to make them look good.

I have been on radio over 25 years and the way things have been the last 18 months shows CB radio doesn't have a good future its more like the war in Bosnia on the Sydney UHF CB repeaters.

I would like to see UHF Radio go back how it was 18 years ago back when the FOOT clan used to be as funny as hell on the CH3 Sydney UHF repeater.
What can i say but just that